To make brighter futures infused with sweetness as the world’s top confectionary.
Goals to achieve through the Medium-term Corporate Strategy “NewKANRO 2021”
Kanro works to reinforce its management base and become the leader in all aspects, including quality, brand, net sales and profit, and aims to be recognized by all stakeholders as the No. 1 candy manufacturer.
- We place highest priority on quality and aim to become No. 1 in product quality as a candy manufacturer, delivering safe and reliable products to customers at all times.
- We aim to be No. 1 in corporate recognition as a candy manufacturer and become a company which consumers feel most attached.
- Net Sales & income
- We aim to gain No.1 share in the candy market and achieve top level of profit in the industry.
- Employee satisfaction
- We leverage on the diversity of our employees and aim to establish top-class employee satisfaction in the industry.
- Shareholder satisfaction
- We aim to become a highly profitable company that can offer high rates of shareholder returns.
- Social responsibility
- We proactively engage ourselves in CSR activities and aim to be loved and trusted by all stakeholders including consumers, employees, shareholders, business partners, local communities and administrative bodies.
Profit and loss plan
It targets a dividend per share of ¥30 or greater.
To become the No.1 company in candy manufacturing, under the “NewKANRO 2021,” Kanro will undertake two major initiatives of “Growth strategy” and “Reinforcement of management base.”
The gummies market has been continuously growing in recent years. We see this as a market opportunity and will invest aggressively in this area to make it our growth engine to become the No. 1 company.
To double our sales, we will develop new gummy products while enhancing our existing brands. Capital investments will be made to increase production capacity.
To expand our sales, we will concentrate our management resources on enhancing our high-potential mainstay brands while developing high value-added functional products and products with new type of deliciousness. For production, we will optimize our existing facilities and further improve production efficiency.
With an aim to become the No. 1 company in candy manufacture, Kanro plans to make aggressive capital investments of approximately ¥6 billion over a five-year period for the construction of new gummy production lines as well as for new process facilities, quality improvements and information technologies.
Reinforcement of management base
We will undertake and strengthen the following initiatives:
- Eliminate wastefulness
- Eliminate waste over the entire process and rigorously pursue efficiency
- Reduce cost of sales
- Collaborate among all divisions to reduce the ratio of cost of sales
- Improve personnel system
- Make a transition to a personnel system that promotes diversity and offers enhanced personnel development.
- Develop IT infrastructure
- Develop IT infrastructure to enhance efficiencies in operations and communication.
- Enhance quality assurance system
- Strengthen quality auditing and standard review as well as expand the scope of audit and support the acquisition of FSSC22000 and other certifications.
- Promote CSR activities
- Promote activities that encourage employee participation to further instill CSR activities.
Status of the Medium-term Corporate Strategy “NewKANRO 2021”